Sunday, June 12, 2005

Goddamnit!

Okay, I had just written a very lengthy, and if I do say so myself entertaining, blog entry that was sure to delight. However, because sometimes technology works against us, like in Jurassic Park, when I went to spell check the popup blocker wouldn't allow it. So I tried a different route. The entry was completely lost. And I'm telling you, this was a REALLY good blog entry. I found myself laughing out loud as I wrote it, so if you feel you have been slighted (and you should) I would suggest writing an angry letter to whoever these clown shoes are the make things more difficult instead of easy. Oh, and also punch whomever decided that "pop-ups" were a good idea right in the kisser. Because without that asshole the "pop-up blocker" whould have even entered into it. Well fuck all...the main idea of the blog that I don't have time to rewrite now, but will get to when I have a chance was that I'm a little concerned that I might be a letcherous pervert, and that Mike and Sadie are lovely people who will undoubtedly have a long and happy life together, so happy day to them, and many more to come. Pisser! (Not to mike and sadie, to computers, bah!)

-A.R. Leith

p.s.- I don't know if this is a fluke, but every time I go to a wedding lately I get the song "not that kind of girlfriend" by the smoking popes stuck in my head. I wish someone would give it a listen and tell me if it is my psyche trying to tell me something. Werd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't wanna wear your ring, I just want to meet people that I find interesting, And here's another thing, I don't wanna fall in love till I'm 35"

Why do you think you will be held down and not be able to experience new people and new things?

Steve and I experience so many new things together and apart. I can't think of anyone else I would rather share my life with.

Andy, you have me so confused. I thought you wanted to find someone to love and "spoon" with. Please explain.

A. Leith said...

Stef-
In thory I do want to find someone to spoon with (but maybe not til I'm 35, like the song says.) However, when I think about all the complications and intricacies that come with an actual long term relationship it scares me to death. Do you know that--more often than not--if I meet, or see a girl I think is interesting I've already imagined us breaking up before I ever talk to her? It's a self-defeating self-fulfilling prophecy, I know, but it's how I think. It is why I usually don't try when I really like someone. However, recognizing these thoughts in myself is what keeps me single, because I COULD have a series of doomed and unfulfilling relationships, or I could wait until I find the right girl. So far I've chosen the latter. I hope this makes SOME sense, anyway...