Thursday, July 27, 2006

Womb Broom, with the Flavor Savor Option

So, in celebration of the recent Cinco de Mustache I did just that and shaved myself a mustache. I also, however, left what is commonly referred to as a "soul patch" and less commonly referred to as a "flavor savor". At any rate, I look at a jackass. But it has been good in one aspect of life: Because I had a full beard for many months, the presence of hair on my upper lip is not foreign to me. So basically I totally forget that the rest of the beard is no longer there until someone mentions it, or I see myself in the mirror. Anyway, it has been good for a chuckle now and again, and sometimes that is all my day needs to be good.

The long and the short of the whole situation is that I will be keeping the 'stash until such a time that I have a decent digital photo of myself with it posted on this-here page for all the world to see. Won't that be nice?
In other news, I have recently graduated from the prestegious Fort Lewis College; Colorado's Campus in the Sky; The Harvard on the Hill, etc. Everyone keeps asking me "now what?" The only problem is that the only response I really have to that question is, "exactly." I really have no idea what I want to do with my life. If anybody out there is looking to throw money at a young college graduate, please feel free to drop me a line. I graduated with honors, you know! Consider this my resume...

The final thing I would like to talk about here today is the near-complete-lack-of-driving-ability here in Durango. I know I've harped on this before, so I am only going to bring up one specific thing that has been chapping my ass lately. Apparently there are a good number of people around here who do not understand the meaning of a "Yeild" sign. Briefly, it means that you are to cover the brake as you approach and, if someone is coming from the direction that does not have the yeild sign, you are to yeild the right of way. This does not seem to register with some Durango drivers. They either treat the sign as a stop sign and halt completely, or as though it doesn't exist at all.

Now, being a bad driver is one thing, but then throwing a hissy-fit when someone honks at you because you are a bad driver and have endangered others is quite different. I don't know. I guess I just think that everyone is so out of it and "happy" here that they treat a good honking at like you have kicked their sister in the uterus. I guess all I am asking is that people feel sufficiently guilty when they are not paying attention on the road and impede the progress of others. But maybe that's too much to ask, right?

-A.R. Leith

p.s.- If I have ever learned anything from the internet, it is that some people should probably keep their clothes on.

No comments: