Sunday, August 20, 2006

Here's the Thing...

Apparently, the best thing to do when you have the day off is NOT to lay around the house like a peice of furniture and fall asleep watching "Dazed and Confused" only to wake up and turn the channel to the "PGA Championship". In face, I cannot think of a more wasteful use of four hours on a perfectly lovely Sunday. But anyway, that is exactly what I did. So, here I am at nearly 11:30 MST writing to you folks in the hope that you will care even a little bit.

I went and played poker tonight with some lads and lost handily. In fact, I lost so handily that I even had time to buy back in and lose all that money too. What it basically comes down to is that I'm shite at cards. Actually, I'm only truly shite when there is money involved. I would much rather play games of skill than chance, but who knows. Maybe I'll learn my lesson someday.

Okay, that is all I can think of right now...or at least all I can type about because the keyboard strikes me as noisy and I don't want to keep others up. I promise I'll write something long-winded and absolutely-pointless tomorrow that people can read if they are bored at work or whatever. G'night.

-A.R. Leith

Quote: "What did she do, take a vow of frowns or something?"- T.S. Garp

No comments: