Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So, maybe I'm a liar...

Would that make me the worst person in the world? I don't think so. There are plenty of other liars and lies out there that make the fact that I didn't write yesterday only a mere bluff on the grand scale of untruths. For example; "There are WMDs in Iraq," "Santa Clause," "The Tooth Fairy," "If your hand is bigger than your face you have cancer," "Grandma's just sleeping," "I love you," all--in the proper context are lies that put mine to shame. And, here is the most important part, I did not MEAN to lie to you. Some of the things mentioned above were out and out falsities put forth intentionally to decieve. Especially offensive given that some of them were directed to children who, by nature, are stupid and will believe anything they are told by someon older than them. I don't think that any children read what I write here, but if they do, god bless them.

Anyway, here I am writing to you, dear reader, a day late, and probably a paragraph or two short, but I wanted to give you something to do. (More importantly I wanted to give ME something to do.) I would say that the only reason I type on this infernal device is to give me something to do, but the truth is that I actually care whether people read this or not. I care even more about whether they like what they have read. I suppose that those of you that keep reading find something useful in your time spent on the page, so I guess that's something.

I was feeling sorry for myself this morning, and not because I am a chubby balding character, but rather because I am not getting along well at my new job. I am frustrated, angry, tired, bored, and lost all at the same time. So, today I have decided to make a contract with myself to turn all that shit around. Except maybe for the balding bit, which I really have very little control over. The point is that I am taking it upon myself to do my best to conquer this new job and make it my bitch, so that once I am actually on top of the situation I can make a more informed decision about acutally liking the job for what it is as a whole, not just as it is on this day. So I will be doing that.

I have also decided--this, much earlier in the morning while making myself clean and presentable--that I need to change my lifestyle to be a better person. And hopefully to live longer and not have to shop in the "husky" department anymore. To that end I have, as of today given up drinking until the all-hallow's eve celebration at the end of October. Between now and then I will not consume any beer or alcohol. (I will be taking a break for the first half of November in order to properly celebrate some birthdays.) I will also eliminate from my diet the sodas and juices that are so sugary and make me a fatty. Once that is working well I will try to eliminate all candies and chocolates as well. I am going to be a regular health nut. After the candies, etc. are gone I will work on eliminating fried foods and so on, until I am eating nothing but grilled delisciousness. We'll see how it all works out, but it is good to have goals.

I would also like some input today on attending college soccer matches. Is it creepy, even though I am an alum to go back to the school and watch the soccer games? I mean, they are the best thing going in the region for live-sports-action, so I don't see why I shouldn't go to the games. My concern, predominantly, is the propriety of sitting in the student section. Should I feel free, or should I relegate myself to the regular townie cheering side? Who knows. I am also a little worried about the fact that my former school does not have any Football style team scarves that the fans can sport in support of the team, and to protect the tender necks of onlookers as the season progresses into fall. I think this is a major oversight on the part of the book store and the booster's club. I am assuming here that Fort Lewis does HAVE a booster's club, but I would not be suprised if that money went to some local interest group or another.

Anyway, I think that is about all for now, as my lady-friend is going to take me out to dinner--like on a date--this evening and I want to look my best so that she may want to give me kisses later. Have I told everyone about my lady-friend? If I have been remiss in that area, please let me know and I will let you know all about her. Until then...

-A.R. Leith

Quote: "But your bootstraps were broken before you arrived."- D4

No comments: